A&S/CPS Graduation Information

A&S/CPS Graduation Information

Petition and Filing Process

  • All students must file an online graduation petition via FoxLink.
  • Review degree completion progress in DegreeWorks via FoxLink.
  • Consult with faculty advisor to determine graduation eligibility.
  • Students who fail to file within the deadlines will be deferred to the next graduation date.
  • There are three graduation dates per academic year: May, August, and December, with one commencement in May.

When to File Graduation Petition and Confirm Degree Completion Progress

  • Students MUST review degree completion progress with advisors.
  • Students MUST submit a Graduation Petition online via FoxLink under the Student Tab.
  • Graduation Petitions must be filed at least one term prior to when you will be completing degree requirements:

-    Spring and Summer graduates must file petition in the prior fall term;

-    Fall graduates must file petition in the prior spring term.

  • AMP Students must file one term prior to their application to Crummer:

-    If you plan to apply to Crummer for admission in the fall term, you must file your graduation petition in the prior spring term.

  • Students planning to study abroad during their last two terms of enrollment, including summer, prior to graduation, must file their petition and submit audits prior to going abroad based on the above dates. Students who are not yet Junior Standing may need to submit their petition in hard copy form. Please email our office for assistance.
  • Students who plan to study abroad in their last term at Rollins may have to defer graduation to the following term if official grades are not received prior to the intended graduation date.

Diploma Name

  • It is the policy of A&S/CPS that the diploma name is the same as the legal name on the student's record with the middle name spelled out in full.
  • Diploma names will be printed in ALL CAPS unless lower case and accent marks are specified in the diploma name area of the Graduation Petition.
  • In order to process a name change, legal documentation (birth certificate, court order, marriage licenses, or passport) is required as proof of a name change. Please note that a driver's license is NOT valid legal documentation of the change.
  • Diplomas will not be able to be ordered in anticipation of a name change. If legal documentation is submitted after the diploma order has been placed, a replacement diploma will be ordered after commencement.

Diploma Availability

  • Diplomas are ordered in February for the May commencement date. Any changes received after February will be processed as a Replacement Diploma (see below). In the event of an error on the diploma, a corrected original will be ordered free of charge once the incorrect diploma is returned to us.
  • Students who graduate in December and May will receive their diplomas during the May commencement ceremony. Diplomas for December graduates who do not intend to participate in May commencement will be mailed after submitting an email to our office.
  • For those students who graduate in August, diplomas are ordered in September and are available in early December. Diplomas will be mailed to the permanent address of record via Certified Mail provided there is not a Bursar's Hold on the student's account.
  • Graduates who have an unpaid balance on their student account at the time of commencement will NOT receive their diploma or final transcript until the debt is resolved. Graduates who participate in commencement will receive a discrete black diploma cover.

Replacement Diplomas

  • Replacements for lost or damaged diplomas will be ordered upon receipt of a Replacement Diploma Request form.
  • The Office of Student Records does not maintain copies of your diploma. If you have lost or misplaced your diploma and need to have it reprinted, the phrase "replacement diploma" will be listed on the diploma. Please allow up to 90 days for receipt.

Graduation Requirements

For specific information regarding graduation requirements, please visit the College Catalogue. The catalogue provides detailed information on academic requirements, residency, GPA, semester hour credits, and clarification of Physical Education requirements.

  • Residency: Sixty-four (64) semester hours inside A&S/CPS is required for students who matriculated PRIOR to fall 2011. Students entering A&S/CPS in fall 2011 and after, must complete a minimum of seventy (70) semester hours inside A&S/CPS.

Honors at Graduation

Faculty of A&S/CPS make the distinction Cum Laude (with honors), and in doing so, the faculty requires that the appropriate GPA is met as well as endorsement by the major department. The required GPA for Cum Laude distinction is as follows:

  • Cum Laude: 3.5 - 3.69
  • Magna Cum Laude: 3.7 - 3.89
  • Summa Cum Laude: 3.9 - 4.0

Honors in the Major Field

Honors in the Major Field provides for independent research or special study during the senior year under the supervision of a three-member committee in the student's major. Satisfactory performance on an approved thesis or individual project, oral examination, and maintenance of the averages below qualifies a student for Honors in the Major Field, which is shown on the student's official academic transcript. To be eligible for Honors in the Major Field, students must:

  • Achieve a minimum overall GPA of "C+" (2.33) for all courses at Rollins.
  • Achieve a minimum overall GPA of "B+" (3.33) for all courses taken in the major at Rollins.
  • Receive endorsement of the committee for participation in the program.

Honors Degree Program Minimum GPA Requirements

Candidates for the Honors A.B. Degree must:

  • Maintain a minimum cumulative average of 3.33 to continue in the program and earn the degree.
  • Earn a grade of "B" or better for their (two-term) Honors in the Major Field project. Latin honors at graduation (Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Summa Cum Laude) are awarded based on the cumulative GPA with the same numerical criteria as the rest of the College.

Graduation Announcements and Regalia

  • The Rollins College Rice Family Bookstore will send out information regarding class rings and personalized graduation announcements in January/February. Students will also order their cap and gown through the bookstore.
  • The Dean of Student Affairs Office will notify students regarding commencement information, tickets, guests, ceremony start times, meeting times, and special needs/accommodations.

Commencement Participation

All graduates receiving the Artium Baccalaureus (Bachelor of Arts) degree within an academic year are invited and encouraged to participate in the annual May commencement. Graduates who may participate in commencement include those who completed during the summer of the previous calendar year and did not march in the prior year's May commencement, and December graduates of the prior calendar year.

Petition to Participate in Commencement

Spring graduation candidates who fail to complete requirements as expected and are within 8 semester hours of completion, may be considered to participate in May commencement provided they agree to complete requirements in the summer. Students must submit the appropriate registration or transfer credit approval with a verifiable plan for completing outstanding requirements as part of their Petition to Participate.

The Petition to Participate in Commencement form must be picked up in the Office of Student Records. These forms must be filed with our office by March 31st to be considered for eligibility to march in the May commencement.