What is a Service Obstacle System?
The Service Obstacle System (SOS) at Rollins is an online problem resolution system designed for campus community members to identify obstacles that impede our ability to provide excellent service on campus that is Responsive, Respectful, Collaborative and Competent.
What the Service Obstacle System is not
It is not a complaint box for Rollins employees to report minor problems they may be experiencing. The SOS is a medium for bringing attention to issues that are larger in scope and may effect more than one person from providing excellent service. The SOS is an online form where campus members can submit obstacles that affect College-wide service issues.
How does the Service Obstacle System work?
Community members submit a service obstacle. An administrative committee will review submitted service obstacles and develop solutions for any issues identified. Status updates and solutions made towards resolving service obstacles will be shared and communicated.
Below is an example of a possible service obstacle:
- Campus visitor parking pass process--visitors have a difficult time knowing where to obtain a parking passes once they arrive on campus.
How to submit a Service Obstacle
Help us address issues and concerns that are impeding our ability to meet our Service Excellence standards. To submit a service obstacle, please click on the green box below. When completing the form be sure to:
- Include at least one example of the obstacle and be as specific as possible.
- Describe the impact on the customer experience and/or your ability to provide excellent service to the customer.
- Include which department(s) might be involved in helping to resolve the obstacle. Please be as specific as possible.
- Include any recommendations for solving the issue.
- Let us know if any action has already been taken in an attempt to mitigate the obstacle.