Rollins uses Office 365 for students, faculty, and staff. Students keep their email account after graduation and we invite all alumni who do not currently have an account to request one through our alumni portal.
Passwords need to be set in accordance to school policy. Please visit the Password Information page for password requirements.
Training on the email system is provided one-on-one. Submit a request through the Help Desk and someone will call you. Online training is also available through Microsoft Academy.
Please direct all email problems and questions to the Help Desk (407-628-6363).
What is Office 365
Office 365 combines the familiar Microsoft Office desktop suite with cloud-based versions of Microsoft's communications and collaboration services to help users be productive from virtually anywhere through the Internet. Office 365 offers each user a default Exchange mailbox size of 50 GB.
• Reduction in storage requirements to support on-premise e-mail system
• Reduction in server hardware requirements to support on-premise e-mail system
• Increased level of availability for Office 365 with a Microsoft SLA of 99.9%
• Ability to have Office 365 accounts with "legal hold" capability for faculty and staff
• The ability to increase the default mailbox size to 50 GB for all Office 365 users, without purchasing additional storage
• The ability to use the rich web application (OWA) in a wider variety of browsers. IE 7+, Safari 3+, Firefox, and Chrome are supported
As with any hosted system, there are some configuration items that have been standardized, and cannot be customized. Some of the major issues of the Office 365 Exchange solution, as compared to the premises-bases Exchange system are:
• Office 365 sets a message size limit of 25 MB*.
• Office 365 has a single email limit of 500 recipients in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields.
• Office 365 also has limits on the number of recipients that can be sent email in a 24-hour period, which is 5,000 addresses in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields of all messages sent in that 24-hour period. Distribution lists count as 1 recipient, and can be easily used as a work around to this limitation.
• Deleted Items are kept for a maximum of 30 days in the Deleted Item folder; this is not a change from our current policy. All of Faculty and Staff mailbox’s have legal hold enabled which provides for recovery of any deleted message.